Patient information (PHI) is safe in the Vscan Air app and during export.
Secured data at rest:
- The mobile device must be protected with User Authentication (facial recognition, fingerprint, or PIN) otherwise Vscan Air App cannot be opened
- Patient data is only accessible with use of a user selectable PIN and exam data is automatically erased after 10 incorrect PIN attempts
- Your institution’s mobile device manager controls the content on the device
- Patient data and images are encrypted and stored separately from other applications, ensuring patient data cannot be shared with other applications (in compliance with U.S. government’s Federal Information Processing Standard (140-2) for encryption of sensitive data (AES-256-bit encryption).
Secured data on the move:
- DICOM® TLS 1.3 with private Client & Server certificate support (the most secure method currently available to send patient data over a wireless network to for review and storage)
- Patient data remains within your network and your control – no need to send data to the Cloud
- App cannot access other information on the mobile device or tablet
- Only anonymized images can be shared with other apps for collaboration or presentation
- Support of enterprise-grade wireless encryption standards including EAP and WPA2 (PSK)
- Configurable time period for image removal on the device after export to a DICOM® PACS server